Microsoft have provided us with a method to create an SCCM driver package for the new Surface Laptop.
- Visit the Surface Laptop driver page and download the package (currently version 1 – SurfaceLaptop_Win10_15063_1703008_0.msi)
- Create a destination folder to hold the extracted files – NOTE!!! You must not put the file you downloaded in step 1 into this folder.
- To extract the drivers from a file SurfaceLaptop_Win10_15063_1703008_0.msi saved to a folder C:\Downloads to a folder C:\SurfaceLaptopDrivers, use the following command:
- msiexec /a C:\Downloads\SurfaceLaptop_Win10_15063_1703008_0.msi targetdir=C:\SurfaceLaptopDrivers /qf
- This will create a C:\SurfaceLaptopDrivers\SurfacePlatformInstaller folder containing the extracted drivers and firmwares.
- Use C:\SurfaceLaptopDrivers\SurfacePlatformInstaller\Drivers as the source folder for your SCCM driver package.
Mark Davidson is, according to his Twitter tagline, an “Internet sales & marketing professional. I write a lot of things to amuse myself and others. On occasion, I even have deep thoughts.”
It appears as if all those “deep thoughts” may not actually have eminated from his own mind, but from three ghost-tweeters employed by Mark. Unfortunately, one of those writers claims to have been sacked by Mark…unfortunate as Mark also forgot to change his Twitter password.
I’ve finally decided to resurrect my blog and link it to twitter. I’m using WordPress to blog, and it will post to twitter also.
Hopefully it will interest someone 🙂
Brilliant! Technology at it’s best.
Last night, I realised that the dictation app on my iphone can send things directly to Twitter. I decided to try it out. “ Testing dictation are up on the iPhone Glinner July 24, 2011 “ I said tasting ap! Tasting dictation ap! Glinner July 24, 2011 “ Testing testing dictation apt is what I amazing. Glinner July 24, 2011 “ Am saying. Not amazing. Am saying. Amazing Glinner July 24, 2011 “ No not our main thing I’m saying! Glinner July 24, 2011 “ A … Read More
via Why, That’s Delightful!
As of 10am PDT (6pm GMT), the final release of PP3 for WHS is available.
Is this the beginning of a fundamental change in the way we receive and watch programming?
BBC NEWS | Technology | Sky puts content on Xbox console
Ohhh, this could be interesting!
“Rapid TV News understands that the long-awaited link up between BSkyB and Microsoft’s X-Box is at last going to happen. Full details will be announced tomorrow (Friday, May 29). The unveiling “Experience the Vision’ press event will explain more.” – RapidTVNews.com
BSkyB link with Microsoft on X-Box – Rapid TV News
From microsoft.com: “REDMOND, Wash. — May 26, 2009 — Microsoft Corp. today announced the evolution of Zune, the company’s end-to-end music and entertainment service, to a new platform and new markets. Zune will extend its video service to Xbox LIVE internationally this fall. This marks an important development in the Zune strategy and brings the Zune brand to more than 17 million international Xbox LIVE subscribers. In addition, Microsoft confirmed the next generation of the Zune portable media player, Zune HD. Available in the U.S. this fall, Zune HD is the first portable media player that combines a built-in HD Radio receiver, high-definition (HD) video output capabilities, organic light-emitting diode (OLED) touch screen, Wi-Fi and an Internet browser.”