I love it when a plan comes together.
After a very long beta program, Vista (as I’m sure you’re aware) has gone RTM and retail offerings are imminent. As a special “thank you” to official beta testers, Microsoft has offered a free (that’s £0.00, $0.00, or €0.00) copy of Vista Business or Ultimate to all testers who submitted at least one bug through the Microsoft bug tracker application. I thought we’d get a mug, cap, mouse-mat, mug-warmer or the like if we were lucky, but it’s unheard of to get a full licenced OS product. If we’d received Vista Home Basic, I would have been impressed enough. Here’s the speil:
“We would like to take a moment to thank you for your contribution to Microsoft Windows Vista. Quite simply, it would not be the product it is today without your time, dedication and thoughtful feedback. You should be proud to have helped us develop the highest quality, most secure and most reliable Windows to date. To say “thank you” we would like to provide you with a complimentary copy of Windows Vista for your use.
Please visit >> removed << to accept your copy.
If for some reason you are unable to accept this gift you may decline by clicking “Decline Invitation” on the “My Participation” page on Connect.
We would like to offer you a copy of the software and a product key for Windows Vista Business Edition or, if you are eligible Ultimate Edition. You are eligible to choose Ultimate Edition if the machine on which you intend to install Windows Vista already has a DVD drive and is currently licensed for DVD playback, i.e., you have already licensed one or more pieces of software for playing back DVDs
- This is a full retail copy intended for your personal use and not for resale.
- It is being offered as a download only. No media will be mailed.
- Only currently active, invited members of the Windows Vista technical beta program who filed at least one bug are receiving this offer.
- Please visit >> removed << to accept this offer and indicate your preference for Business or Ultimate editions.
- After accepting the offer terms you will be immediately be given access to download the software.
- You may install and use the edition you chose for 30 days without a product key. Simply click ‘next’ at the product key prompt during setup, continue on and choose the appropriate edition from the list. You will be able to enter your product key at the activation prompt at a later time.
- We will email you when your product key is available for retrieval on Connect. In general this should happen within one week of your acceptance of the terms.
Again, we thank you for all your contributions during the beta!!
The Windows Beta Team”
Way to go Microsoft!!!