Microsoft have provided us with a method to create an SCCM driver package for the new Surface Laptop.
- Visit the Surface Laptop driver page and download the package (currently version 1 – SurfaceLaptop_Win10_15063_1703008_0.msi)
- Create a destination folder to hold the extracted files – NOTE!!! You must not put the file you downloaded in step 1 into this folder.
- To extract the drivers from a file SurfaceLaptop_Win10_15063_1703008_0.msi saved to a folder C:\Downloads to a folder C:\SurfaceLaptopDrivers, use the following command:
- msiexec /a C:\Downloads\SurfaceLaptop_Win10_15063_1703008_0.msi targetdir=C:\SurfaceLaptopDrivers /qf
- This will create a C:\SurfaceLaptopDrivers\SurfacePlatformInstaller folder containing the extracted drivers and firmwares.
- Use C:\SurfaceLaptopDrivers\SurfacePlatformInstaller\Drivers as the source folder for your SCCM driver package.